Saturday, August 30, 2008

Flowers and Customer Service

Since I opened my first retail location in April of 2008 I have been quite surprised by the comments by my customers and brides. Going the extra mile for a customer who is just purchasing a rose to the customer who is placing a 3000 dollar order deserves the same amount of attention if not more. I rely on my local customers and they rely on me. Whether it be a rose to say "I Love You!" or a large arrangement to convey a sympathy. My customers are not only a person who walks through my door, but someone whom I help convey an emotion. In this day and age of florists who are complaining about the economy I must say I have no problems. When that new face enters my store they are greated with warmth.

In the past couple of months being open I have heard the good, bad, and evil the retail florists have bestowed on my customers. Why should a customer ever have to put up with this. We as florist provide a service that no other industry provides. We provide emotion. Emotions of Sympathy to Love. I must say I have had a passion for this industry for many years. Dealing with a difficult customer is only a challenge, not a problem. I enjoy winning over a customer and a recipient.

I am now not only the shop owner, but the website designer, accountant, delivery person, sales person, and much more. No matter how busy I may be I always have time for my customers. I love what I do and what I do for others. It's my passion and my passion is what makes my place of business a place for my customers to come to and enjoy a bit of the times gone bye.

No comments: